My Sister is Coming Home From Her Mission on FRIDAY!!!
I can't belive "Sister Higbee" is finally coming home from serving in the Independance Missouri Mission!!! Here is how we are preparing... I'll be sure to take pics at the airport. (This is just crazy!!!)
I heard Bryson sucking on something under the kitchen table...when I looked under, I found him sucking on hardened and old FROSTING from a cookie he had dropped! (I haven't made cookies since conference...) Yes, I scrubbed my chairs!
Pieces of a Nerf ball in nursery. Can anyone say "Swine Flu"?
Devil's Food Cake Batter - to snack on and as a hair gel.
Essential oils used for joint pain. What the?
Paper. Any small piece of paper/wrapper that may be lying around. I will seen him chewing on something and give his mouth the old "swiperoo" and there it is...a giant spitwad of paper! Well, maybe he is practicing up his spitwad technique so he can hassle cute girls when he gets into school...
Bath water. Dog bath water! Big handfuls of it...ugh. I don't think Bear Grylls would even drink dog bath water!
Tobasco Sauce, otherwise known as "booney duce". (Translation...Burny Juice)
Michelle's Dransfield's poor little baby's finger! I am SO sorry!
So, I gave my boys haircuts this afternoon and as I am finishing up Lucas' haircut, I look down and to my horror Bryson is grabbing handfuls of hair...and yes...eating it. What the heck? Isn't it a natural instinct NOT to eat the hair? Serious owl pellet...
The juice inside a glow-stick. That can't be good...
While I was talking to Lucas' Doctor he tore a huge piece of paper lining the examination table off! Before I even noticed what he was doing he had munched a good bit of it down. Nasty! The doctor assured me it was clean but honestly that is just so Josie Grosie!!!
Polly Pocket clothes. He loves the chewy texure and he swallows everything from shoes (including Polly's stylish boots) to jackets and even a bright aqua summer dress once! Thanks for the reminder Jessie, I forgot all about these!
The box that held Lucas' Spiderman Valentines. (I'm sure he would have eaten all 30 Valentines had I not interviened...)
Every eraser off of EVERY pencil in the house. My daughter literally has to bring pencils from school to do her math homework.
Butter, at least a half a stick before I caught him. Ugh. I'm sick just typing that!
Any chapstick that Shelbi has left lying around. It's amazing...almost pirahna-esque...he can strip an entire container of chapstick in just seconds, without even twisting it up! Someday perhaps modern science will be able to figure that one out...
Lotion. (A few different varieties, he seems to fancy the Bath and Bodyworks...maybe becuase of the appealing smell?)
Small book charm that Shelbi won for reading. It was bigger than a quarter and Kev and I spent the night in the E.R. Good times....
Crayons. He eats both the paper AND the actual wax. Not just a few, we are talking boxes over the course of this little guys life. At this time we do not even have crayons in our home. (Isn't that one of the tools required to instill creativity in you kids?) Too bad I guess.
Cat food, dog food, duck food.
Beads. Seriously more beads than I can count. I believe if I were writing scripture it would be "Beads without number".
Mud, dirt...dirty muddy dirt. You get the picture.
My lip gloss. First he bites the tops off and then he squeezes the tube out. He eats most of it and then he liberally applies the rest onto the carpet next to my bed.(Yes, it's kind of a squishy sticky sensation when I step on it)
Any small paper with an important number jotted down on it. (It's uncanny...)
Unground wheat. If I ever pull my big wheat bucket down he dives in (when I'm not looking of course) and eats it by the handful. In case you are wondering, yes it does look like puffed wheat by the time I see it. (When does the whole wheat allergy kick in?)
At least a cup and a half of maple syrup. The rest he spread throughout the kitchen.
Huge handfuls of the almost perfectly risen homeade bread dough that I had been laboring all day to make. (I had been working on perfecting my recipe and this was to be my "greatest homeade bread achievement"! Alas, this was not meant to be...)
Googly Eyes. It's a strange thing to change a diaper and see a googly eye looking back up at you...
Elmers Glue. Lots of Elmers Glue.
Half of a stick of "Degree for Women". (Shower Clean Scented in case you were wondering)
Many handfuls of unpopped popcorn. (I'm estimating "many" because of the large quantity of diaper changes he had over the course of two days.)
Stuff I LOVE...
Movies that make me laugh! I'm through with tear-jerkers, horror flicks, and action adventures! Yes, I'm strictly comedy. (Perhaps a touch of romantic comedy, but not the ones with a sappy ending...)
My husband! Since he has been gone I've started to forget who he is! (This has some interesting consequences...after a while it's like any folklore/urban legend - the details become a little fuzzy... If I remember correctly he looks like Brad Pitt, sings like Davie Archuletta, smells like Hershey's syrup, has an accent like Hugh Jackman, and I won him fair and square on The Bachelor in what was said to be the "Most Shocking Rose Ceremony Yet") I said fair and square ladies...so back off!
I love musicals! I'm one of those people who got teary eyed when Hugh Jackman announced to the world during the Oscars that "The Musical is Back!". Yes, I have been waiting for this moment my whole life!! What's next a remake of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers? Is this Heavan? Please pinch me...
Willow Trees! I love them, and I have them all over my house.
Spot Shot! The best carpet cleaner for two year olds! I buy it in bulk at Costco and I should probably be investing in stock!
Pampered Chef giant spatulla (I think it might be a spoonula?). I have had mine for over 7 years and it is in perfect condition. It never melts or becomes discolored and the best part? The spatula part never comes off! (That used to happen to me all the time)
In order my TV shows...#1 - 30 Rock, #2 Lost, #3 The Office, #4 60 Minutes (Weird infatuaion with investigative journalism, does this mean I'm old?), #5 American Idol. (But, I don't watch it until the final twelve because I can't stand all the rejection and those poor souls being made fun of, I know I'm kind of wimpy...)
Griddle Iron! Don't ask me why I have never owned one, I guess I just figured I have a stove why would I need anything else? My sister-in-law just got me one and it's the best thing ever! I can fit 7 pieces of french toast on that puppy! It saves so much time, and I use it almost daily! Thanks Daylene!
2 comments:
Yeah Cat! I can't wait to hear her Kip impression. She cracks me up!
FUN TIMES!!! Yeah Can't beleive it's been 18 months!
Post a Comment