Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Chuck LIVES!

Yesterday, I got to go to the NFR! Sharon and Jerry had an extra ticket - Jen Haworth's fiance' couldn't go due to back problems:(. I had never been and it was so much fun! They really put on a show! It was great to get out of the house and the kids had a blast with Emily Paul.

This morning however, I was informed by the kids that Chuck (Our chicken that thinks it's a duck and resides in our Palo-Verde tree)had been eaten by something. They said they had seen a Falcon (? so they say...) in the tree and then when they went inside they heard a battle. Sure enough out on the lawn there was the feathery proof of the epic battle which had obviously been poor Chuck's last stand. Chuck the Chicken Duck...was no more. (Sniff)

We had a moment of mourning for it is a rare thing to have a pet who has characteristics of both a chicken and a duck. We then finished up our poptarts before sending Shelbi off to school. When we walked out of the house to take Shelbi, there...in the Palo-Verde... was Chuck! It was indeed a Christmas Miracle! The valley echoed with Lucas' joyful announcement ..."Chuck Lives! Chuck Lives!"

3 comments:

Jessie said...

It's alive! That is good news! Well if it's still alive what happened to the falcon? That's awesome that you went to the rodeo. Glad you got to play while Kev is out of town.

Natalie, Brent, Abbey, Kyle, Ethan, and Mariah said...

I was expecting to hear a lot more about the NFR when I started reading, but got a lot about the chicken duck instead:) Interesting...I hope things are going well for your family!

Jenn said...

Yeah chuck!!

Magazine


Create Fake Magazine Covers with your own picture at MagMyPic.com


PlayList


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Font

Followers

Happy Birthday Bryson! What a great two years!!! :)


Slideshow

Happy Birthday Lucas!


Slideshow