Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Bananna Bread "Mini-Muffies"...


So, I signed up to make Banana Bread for our Ward Activity. Problem... I can't make banana bread. For whatever reason, I am missing the
"Mormon Mom Banana Bread Gene". Oh...your familiar with it then?


Well, it's been a difficult road for me - I always end up digging it out of my pans and it turns out burnt on the outside and all globby/nasty in the middle. (I've even tried those mini-loaves!) I used to freeze the bananas thinking I would use them and then finally...one day I gave up. Yes, I have been just tossing all my over-ripe bananas away for the past few years. (I know, you are disapointed in me) It is actually good to get that off my chest. What kind of a wife am I if I can't make such a simple sweet bread...what kind of MOTHER? Oh, the horror...

My solution? Mini-muffins! My kids love "mini-muffies" and I thought I would give it a try... they turned out edible and I wasn't scorned for them at the activity! (And that's always good!). Finally, after years of Banana Bread Handicap...SUCCESS! My mini-muffin tin is my new best friend, and I deem this "Blog-Worthy".

3 comments:

Jessie said...

That is too weird that you made banana muffins today. I unsuccessfully made banana bread this morning. I took them out of the oven thinking they were perfect for my beehives to munch on tonight. An hour later I come back to look at them and the middle fell. I will definitely take your route next time. Thanks Domestic Diva!

Natalie, Brent, Abbey, Kyle, Ethan, and Mariah said...

I love mini muffins out of banana bread. That's what my mom makes. What's up with the pond?!? I read you comment on Jenn's.

Gerilyn said...

Too funny...I just threw away 2 over ripe bananas today. Oops!! I'm gonna have to make muffins instead. Good idea!

Magazine


Create Fake Magazine Covers with your own picture at MagMyPic.com


PlayList


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Font

Followers

Happy Birthday Bryson! What a great two years!!! :)


Slideshow

Happy Birthday Lucas!


Slideshow