
Okay, so our house is a little older and we have fiberglass showers with glass doors. (I know, we are planning on a replacement sometime, but until then work with what you've got right?) Anyway, the bottom of the showers (otherwise known as the shower pans) have serious hard water. (Uh, we don't have a water softener either - please don't think I'm a caveman!Lol) This hard water/discoloration has been there since we bought the house. IT DRIVES ME NUTS. I have tried EVERY single shower product out there trying to get this stuff off! I've tried CLR, LimeAway, Magic Erasure, vinegar, TV late night infomercial products, funky carnie looking guy going door to door selling stuff products, bleaching overnight the list goes on and on...all with no results!
So, yesterday I had settled in to my little unsuccessful routine using Kaboom, and after about 20 minutesI had the thought to do an internet search on this topic. After searching several sites and seeing only the products I've allready tried, I came across a post saying to use fume free oven cleaner. He said he used it for anykind of staining - grout, cement, etc... In this post, this man said he owned several college appartments and this is the only thing that helps his old showers return to their intended state. (The reason this caught my eye, I suppose, is that we managed appartments in college for 3 years and I cleaned NUMEROUS showers that obviously hadn't been touched all year long) I was intrigued - so I tried it.
I sprayed it all over, focusing on the pan and left it overnight. The next morning I was pleasantly surprised!!! It ALL CAME OFF!!! EVERY BIT OF IT! Every ounce of hardwater was simply brushed away. I felt like Martha Stewart in that shower with my little gloves on, easily wiping the dirt away. (To me Martha lives in a world where no one has to really scrub anything...) It was a beautiful thing, a triumph! The shower doors were more sparkling than they had ever been and I felt as if, at that moment - all was right with the universe.





3 comments:
That's awesome Martha! So who gets to be the first to shower in there with it all glistening? Or are you hosing off everyone on the front lawn so it doesn't build up again:D
Gotta love the internet! I am so doing that when I have ignored cleaning for a good month or two. Which is most of the time!
WOW. GO Diartha! Dianna-Martha combined....
Post a Comment